Monday, February 16, 2015

Who Cares, Anyway? I Do. You Should, Too.

What difference does it make. Any of it. Who cares? Just walk away and don't look back.

Visit occasionally. Smile. Check your watch or phone for the time. Get on with your life.

After all, what else can you do? Why beat your head against a brick wall?

You're so busy with your own life. You have your own problems. Besides, all old people complain and they're often "out of it" and so what they say probably exaggerates what really happens.

Are you willing to have someone else make all your decisions?

Can you eat, sleep and move as you want when you want -- with some restrictions but still when you decide and when you choose?

Can you lock the door to your bedroom if you want?  

Do you live with someone you never met before, didn't ask to join you, has habits you find disturbing and disruptive, goes through your things and you have no way to stop them,  who just walks in and takes over a part of your everyday life?

When you need to go to the bathroom, do you have to wait for someone to put you into a wheelchair or use a Hoyer lift to move you from one place to another?

How much of life do you live depending on someone else? 

SUBORDINATION.  SUBJUGATION. SUBLIMINAL SUGGESTION.

Teach them a lesson. Let them wait. After all, you're busy, you only have two hands, you can only do so much. I only work here because this is the only job I can get. I'm overworked and underpaid. I do all the dirty work. I'm always pushed to do more in less time. 

I'm afraid. I have to operate this equipment by myself and the man/woman is twice my weight and can't stand without my help. I'm supposed to use this standing lift but he/she is like a rag doll or doesn't like the lift and so struggles and fights me when I try to use it.

This is the way I have to do this procedure. He/she screams and sometimes fights me. I have no choice. If I don't do it this way, I'm written up and could  lose my job.

I'm exhausted and I have a two hour bus ride after my shift. This is my second job; with minimum wage and the responsibilities of paying all the bills and my kids needs, I can't afford to quit.

SUBORDINATION. SUBJUGATION. SUBLIMINAL SUGGESTION.

Skilled Nursing Centers, especially in large metropolitan areas, change staff as frequently as they change bedding in resident's rooms and often use Staffing Services where there is little current and accurate knowledge of the resident and no real interest.

But whose problem is this, anyway?  NOT MINE many say. WHY BOTHER others add.

Average stay in Skilled Nursing Center is about three years . . . that's a short time...they're dying anyway...the facility does the best it can.....I can't afford to pay anymore so I have to take what I'm given.....

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  Billions spent on programs to explore space -- billions spent each day on coffee beverages and hamburgers....entertainers paid for a gig or performance more than the total cost of the three years of average residence in a Skilled Nursing Center ... causes for children, pets and "select" diseases raising millions and billions and making some progress but constantly needing more and more.

LEGISLATION FOR BETTER LIVING CONDITIONS FOR CHICKENS.  LAWS ENACTED FOR HUMANE TREATMENT OF ANIMALS. 

ELDER CARE IS A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS. 
ITS PROFITABILITY IS BASED ON CUTTING CORNERS AND REDUCING SERVICES.

We have more disclosure of ingredients in our food than we do what's happening behind closed doors in Senior Residential Communities.

You can make the difference. Write about your concerns, observations, violations you've witnessed.

Make a Senior's Life Better Today --- Raise your voice on the internet, call those Elder Abuse and Neglect Hotlines -- Write, Call, Send Email.

We have YouTube and Blogs and networks always available -- USE THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and any additional information we can research and pass on to others. Together we learn and grow.