Sunday, October 21, 2018

WHY ME?

I try to step away. My feet are turned back. 

I try to look away. My eyes are drawn to see.

WHY ME?

I don't feel what I've done has been enough.

I'm hurt. I'm angry. 

I don't understand so many who fail to see.

I wonder if what I've done will benefit those in need?

So little done. So much to do.

WHY ME?

Looking back I see the road set out before us and especially the path I've taken.

We walked each step without realizing where it was going, how it would twist and turn and when we would encounter the many dips, plummets, swerves and curves. 

We simply continued the journey believing we were making choices and they were right for the times, the places, the people, their wants and needs.

We had blinders on. Some we placed upon ourselves while others were custom built by others who believed it better not to know everything, not to know the possibilities and for some to want to experiment with something they believed would happen.

Counseling. Not a reality. Confronting. Not the choice.

Decisions made and challenges met forecast the future we did not see so focused on the present were we all the days we shared.

Problems only exist when enough people recognize them and draw significant attention to them. Or so I learned in a class I took several months ago. Social problems, that is. Life problems, I also add, from my own experiences.

NOT TRUE. 
Problems exist with or without "recognition" and with or without individual or group involvement in trying to resolve them. 

Problems that are "social problems" are INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS -- those that affect us, one by one, in families, groups and as members and part of an organization.  

We are not alone. We are part of everything around us. We determine singularly and as a part of the whole what happens, when it happens and how it happens.

LOOK and SEE.  LISTEN and HEAR. 

WAIT TO ACT AND YOU WILL BECOME A PART OF THE PROBLEM.  

TAKE PART and BE A PART OF THE CHANGE THROUGH SEEING, LISTENING AND ACTIVELY MOVING CHANGE FORWARD.

SIMPLY PUT:   IF IT'S TO BE, IT'S UP TO EACH OF US -- ME INCLUDED.

I've set aside my action to enlighten and encourage others and it's time to take back the reins of what I see -- a run away system that only provides for us when we look, observe and constructively make change when the direction becomes offest, out of line and going the wrong way.

Look for more. I'm looking, I'm listening and I will continue to take action and make positive change.

What will you do to make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and any additional information we can research and pass on to others. Together we learn and grow.