Friday, September 6, 2024

Gimme

What’s with this surging need?                                                                                 Demands the old hand over, recede.

I can stand or lean any way I choose.

At my age, not much to lose.


I sit and type and wonder why

The words come flying out of “the sky”.


Have they been hiding all along

If so I’ll use them as My Song.


Am I poised to live and learn

Will I continue to actively earn?


So many questions, far less time

Will I burn or will I shine?


Does it matter any way 

If I choose to have my say?


Like bursts of light.

Words join as if in flight.

 

Like Geese in the air

They join and create.


They fly away

To live another day.


Winter is harsh

It hides their food.


We humans see.

We’re not fools.

Each finds their own tools.


To survive and to wait. 

Knowing there is an expiration date.


While we can, we do.

When we can’t, we won’t.


Today I have the choice.

Today I raise my voice.


Megaphones can screech

Across the electronic page


Telling me I’m worthless

Just because of “age.


Then why, tell me please,

Do you want to incur


More candles each year

To blow out in a blur?


You can’t wait to age 

You see it as a “perk”


Let me tell you, my “friend” 

That’s acting like a “jerk”


Value what you have

Embrace where you are


Soon you’ll hear the shouts

Causing you to doubt


Others have been born

They demand a place


Wanting to take yours

It’s going to be your fate.


It’s a life story

Filled with doubt and worry


Stand up, speak out

It’s never too late


Spread love

Not hate


Strange how survival is seen as distress

It causes concerns and such a mess!


From what we achieved

And refuse to “secede”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and any additional information we can research and pass on to others. Together we learn and grow.